It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Thursday, February 25, 2010

In Review: Twilight Series

It's taken some time, but I thought I'd do a blog about the Twilight series that I so easily and happily became addicted to.


In record time of just a couple weeks, I sped through all four, very hefty novels. I'm sure by this point in time, most people have read them. If not, YOU'VE GOT TO! If so, do it again! :)
I've never been one for vampire stuff, but the story line totally draws you in an. And as much as I hate to admit it, I think part of it is the damsel in distress bit that girls fall for so easily. I found myself flipping through page after page for hours upon end and being irritated when I realized it really was time to put it down and go to bed. Considering most have either read them or heard about then and since there are tons of reviews online, I’ll spare the detailed outline of the stories. I will just say that THEY’RE GREAT!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightseries.html

In addition to the books, the movies are great too! Definitely not the same and I did enjoy the books a little better because you get so much more of the story and the characters but the casting for the movies is a huge bonus. Easy on the eyes, that’s for sure! I will have to say that after watching both the first and second movie, they must have heard the feedback, because I’m pretty certain they forced the actors to take acting lessons. That made the second movie so much better and easier to enjoy. If you haven’t seen the New Moon movie because of the lack of acting skills or cheesiness of the Twilight movie, GO SEE IT! Way better. And don't worry, after a couple weeks, you'll stop thinking about silly vampires... just takes some time. With that said, I will leave you with some yummy pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished them a couple days ago. I'm glad I stuck with it, but I almost didn't finish Breaking Dawn because the first half of it was SO AWFUL. I remembered you telling me something about how weird that one was but that it got better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yeah... I'm glad you stuck with it. See, it really did end better than it started. :) First part is just plain wierd.

    ReplyDelete