It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mazama - The Northern Cascades

When my dear Bethanne booked a weekend trip to Mazama in the Northern Cascades and invited me, I was unsure at first whether to head out of town for the third weekend in a row but I asked myself.... When have I ever turned down a trip? NEVER! And I'm so glad I went!

For those of you who have never seen the Northern Cascades - you're missing out!! It's so beautiful and a very good breather from city life. We took our time on the several hour drive up, stopping along the way at Cascadia Organic Farms to get ice cream and some goodies as well as an incredible view point of Diablo Lake and the dam.

Once checked into our very remote cabin in the very small town of Mazama (literally a couple buildings), we began enjoying the quiet right next to the pool in the warmth of the sun. :) While we were there, we enjoyed the amazing food at the one and only restaurant in Mazama (conveniently located down the hall from our room), checked out the hot tub and explored the dirt roads that weave through the area.

One day consisted of checking out Winthrop which is a larger town down the highway. My condo definitely benefited from this trip - my bank account, not so much. Lots of good finds though. And what would a trip to the Northern Cascades be without checking out a local winery?? We stopped by the Lost River tasting room for a full tasting of their wines and, to stay true to myself, I walked out with a couple bottles.

To get away from the crowds in town, we also took a drive up Hart's Pass and Dead Mule Pass to hike on part of the Pacific Crest Trail with some friends. And I can't begin to describe how beautiful it was! Up in the fields, wild flowers were still blooming and my camera LOVED it! There's something about being out in the wilderness that is so refreshing. It brings you back in balance and gives your mind a rejuvenation from the craziness that life can be. Another trip like this is definitely in the cards soon!

Here are just some of the many pictures I took on this trip.


Link to more pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2010695&id=149200395&l=e6070818bc

2 comments:

  1. We went to Diablo and Winthrop with Kenna last month. I would have loved to spend a whole weekend there! And it sounds like Mazama is a place I'd like to visit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it sooo beautiful! And so very peaceful. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete