It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Martina McBride Mania Recap

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Martina (and Carrie Underwood - I won't forget you, Carrie). :-) I rock out to my customized playlist on repeat to and from work every week, any other time I'm in the car, at home, on the plane.... I heart them. How could you not?

On Thursday, I had the HUGE pleasure of going to see Martina in concert at the Ste. Michelle winery in Woodinville, WA with my dad and Rachael (my good friend from work). And it was INCREDIBLE!! Some artists sound nothing like their CD when you see them live in concert, but Martina sounded even better. The concert even included a couple Happy Birthday songs for both Martina and her brother (he plays guitar for her) who share the same birthday.

The venue was beautiful - nestled in a field next to the winery and surrounded by giant trees. The skies were clear and the sunset cast amazing colors about half way through the concert. We got tickets through my dad, who grew up next door to John McBride (Martina's husband) in good 'ol Kansas.

Here are some pictures from during the concert. Unfortunately, the security guards wouldn't let me take my camera in (although many other cameras seemed to slip by), so all my pictures are form my phone. Check em out!


After an hour and 45 minutes of singing goodness, the concert ended and we met up with John McBride. He guided us back to the tour buses where we all hung out for a bit on some fold-up chairs. We talked about their record label, her next album, and the tour.

Once Martina had changed, she came out to talk with us for a bit. It had been a couple years since I first met her after a concert in Portland, OR and she is still so sweet - greeting us with handshakes and just being an all around down-to-earth person. She was kind enough to take a picture and then had to head over to a small birthday party with some relatives before driving north to Canada for the next stop.


Thanks Martina for an amazing concert and being such a great role model! Hope to see another one soon and I look forward to the next CD. I'll be sure to add it to my playlist and play on repeat. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment