It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Friday, December 16, 2011

Flying High Over Seattle

In the heat of a Seattle summer, one of my favorite people celebrated his birthday. To make it extra special, I booked a flight lesson to see Seattle from a very different angle than we're used to. Surprisingly enough, the weather gods were on our side as the cloud parted, the wind died and the sunny skies illuminated the city beautifully. 

After a thorough check of the plane and quite interesting lesson on how airplanes fly, we were off into the sky! Here are some pictures from our flight adventure over the Seattle/Bellevue metro area.

The control panel of our Cessna 172

The spacious cabin.... or not. :)

 West Seattle is the BEST Seattle! View of Alki.

The pilots

Does this make me a Backseat... Flyer?

View across the beautiful Puget Sound. 

Green Lake, north of Downtown Seattle.

View of all the sail boats on Lake Union shadowed by downtown Seattle...
 

Downtown Bellevue...

Hello, Microsoft!

Looking north over Kirkland...

View of Lake Union, Space Needle, Key Arena and the rest of Seattle...

Gotta love this city (when it's sunny)...

Downtown Seattle in all its glory...

The stadiums, home of the Seahawks and Mariners...

We survived the maiden voyage! Nice flying skillz, Michael!

If you're now so tempted that you, yourself, need to get up in the air to fly your very own Cessna 172... I highly recommend Wings Aloft. Awesome place. And if you get a guy with a thick southern accent - you're especially in luck!


1 comment:

  1. What a perfect day for a Seattle flight! Not many people get to see those in person, lucky ducks!

    ReplyDelete