It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Village of Seabrook, WA - Check!

Early in July my dear friend Connie proposed an awesome girl's weekend trip to Seabrook, WA. And what else could this travel-addicted devotee say besides "HECK YES!!"?

Seabrook is nestled along HWY 101 on the southern Pacific coast. Several years ago this quaint neighborhood did not exist, or at least in the capacity that it is today. The vision behind it is to create a place for full-time residents alongside vacation rentals to provide an escape from the craziness of today's world. Personally, I think it was created to bring back that old-time charm of a safe and friendly neighborhood with a touch of Pleasantville and a hint of Mr. Rogers.

Walking (or cycling via the borrowable and very awesome beach-cruisers) down a street of Seabrook takes you back in time and erases any worries you arrived with. The homes are nestled along side each other with inviting front porches, American flags handing, and white picket fences lining the sidewalks.





A short walk across HWY 101 will take you to the open and very beautiful Pacific Coast Beaches. For select months during the year, this beach actually becomes one of the only recognized highways located ON A BEACH. So you will see cars driving out on the expansive flat sand, speckled with bonfires, kite flying and fireworks.

 
 

 

 

I'll leave you with an awesome shot (courtesy of Rose Ruiz) of your favorite photographer/blogger on this very same beach! :)


Here's to more relaxing beach trips to the Washington coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment