It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Sunday, July 18, 2010

Outlaws win Back-to-Back National Championship!!!

I had the pleasure of making it to Billings, MT this weekend to watch the IFL National Championship game. Another showdown between the Billings Outlaws and the Sioux Falls Storm. These two rivals have been battling it out over the last couple years to combine for a total of 6 championship titles in the last 6 years.

Due to the tornado that ripped through Billings and tore the roof off the Metra Park Arena, the championship game (as were the other playoff games) were held in their morphed practice facility, the SportsPlex. And there was no lack of fans or noise in this packed building.

The game started off with some great plays by my personal favorite, #19 Michael Eby. And it stayed neck and neck throughout all four quarters. Here are some pictures from throughout the game.

(from Billings Gazette)



With a Sioux Falls attempt to jump over a pack of players for an attempted touchdown with seconds left in the fourth quarter and an Outlaws crowd-surfing-like rejection, the Outlaws clenched their back-to-back IFL Championship title. Final score: 43-34.


Here are some pictures of the post-win celebration:


One of Michael's interviews:

Michael and his biggest fans:

Me and Michael:

Coach O'Neil and Michael Eby:
(from Billings Gazette)

Garret Palmer, Tim Brown and Michael Eby:

For more information about the game, check out the Billings Gazette Article: Outlaws Top Sioux Falls.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the two time national champs Outlaws and their talented defensive secondary for a spectacular game. I love the photo of #19 sandwiching the Sioux Falls runner in the first photo... this belongs in the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Michael! And you look great in your jersey Jess, I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete