It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Progress on the Remodel!

After about a month of remodeling, the condo has really come quite far!! Today the new granite counters were installed and it really makes a world of a difference. Here are some pictures of the install and final product:


The Final Product:

Although, there is still a ways to go, it has come very far and I have to give HUGE thanks those who have helped!! My dad, my brother, Bethanne, Michael and all my friends who have helped me move in, helped paint and install things, provided food for our tummies, helped me calm down when I was freaking out about making a decision....

THANK YOU!!!! You mean the world to me!!

Here's a list of what we've been busy doing so far:
  • Installed amazingly beautiful granite countertops with a new sink/faucet/garbage disposal
  • Installed new baseboards throughout the entire condo (thanks for cutting so perfectly, Scottie)
  • Ripped up the kitchen vinyl floor and dining room carpet and installed new flooring (just my dad and I - yes I am a pro at a chop saw now)
  • Stripped and repainted the kitchen cabinets.
  • Tore down a hideous brick backsplash and had to rehang drywall - to be covered in tile by the end of the month!
  • Purchased and installed new stainless steel appliances (fridge, stove and the fun project of replacing a stove hood with an above the stove microwave - much more difficult than you'd imagine)
  • Painted EVERY SINGLE WALL in this entire condo - including the gigantor 15 foot living room wall and the hideous yellow smoke stained pantry.
  • Installed new light fixtures in the kitchen, dining room, both bathrooms and the hallway.
  • Ripped out and replaced the vinyl flooring in the laundry closet that dated back to ancient times.
  • Installed two new and very amazing low-flow toilets (the old toilets were so old the bolts disintegrated when we... sorry, my dad... tried to unscrew them)
  • Painted and hung new doors for the hall closet and laundry closet.
Sigh... that's all I can remember. More to come as the condo becomes more of a home! Keep posted!

3 comments:

  1. Uh hem... allow me to assist with a few items for the "done" list: new door locks, a front door that closes without slamming, repair leaky cloths washer hose handles, entirely new outlets and switches (mostly Scott), lower and level a stub wall so your counter could be one piece and of course, steam cleaned carpets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. It looks awesome! Good job dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, of course all those things too! I just wanted you to have a chance to chime in. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete