It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Check (or two) Off The List

It's always been important to me to live life to the fullest, see as many places/things as possible, experience as much as I can - heck, life is short! So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures (as trivial or as extravagant as they may be)! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I hope to document it along the way with my pictures and various bits of information I find.

To get started, I thought I'd get one out of the way – (1) Create my own blog. Check. (2) Keep it updated.

In pursuit of checking another thing off my list, I just signed up for the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon today. Which is quite the feat considering I really don't enjoying running that much... well, as much as being curled up in my bed. :) But who doesn't love that? Granted, it does help that there's quite the group of first time half-marathoners signing up as well, which will be a good support system. Lord knows I'll need Britt to kick me out the door in the morning to train for this.... (sorry in advance, Britt). But there's nothing like a musical group and cheerleaders at every mile marker and a concert at the finish line to keep ya going! My goal is 2 hours 5 minutes, but we'll see how realistic that is as I start training more.

Check it out: http://seattle.competitor.com/








Keep posted for more to come!!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds really cool Jessie! I wish i would be able to be there when you do it but as you know that probably won't work out with all that is going on in my life as well.

    If I can get up earlier then normal and work out every day you should have no problem doing it either. Just keep in minf that when you are done with it you can tell people that you have ran a half marathon, not everone can say they have too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right- this summer, we will hike to the top of a big mountain together! Oz can be our guide, he already has two summits in the Olympics under his belt. I'm so excited to follow your blog, and when is your half marathon? You're going to need someone to take pictures of you when you cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Let's hike a mountain!! Oz will be an excellent guide, for sure! The race is June 26 and you'll definitely have to come! They have a concert at the finish line which should be fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete