It's important to live life to its fullest. So I've created this blog to keep track of "my list" and blog about my personal adventures - as trivial or as extravagant as they may be! Inevitably, the list will continue to grow as I think of crazy things I'd like to do. I plan to document it along the way, camera by my side, and hope you'll join me in enjoying the (small and big) adventures in life!


Friday, January 29, 2010

Product of the 80s

As I opened my banana-flavored yogurt this morning, I was reminded of something a long time ago... I would only eat banana-flavored yogurt when I was a kid. And since many years ago, the yogurt makers of the United States stopped making the banana flavored kind. What a pity, it’s quite delicious.

You're probably wondering the point of a banana-flavored yogurt blog? Well, it got me to thinking about all the other things I haven't thought of since childhood. Here are some of the highlights from the 80s.

  • Banana flavored yogurt (although, Banana CREME is way different and not nearly as good...)
  • Jellies
  • Pleated pants and stirrups
  • Oregon Trail
  • Scrunchies
  • Easy bake ovens
  • Polly Pockets
  • Barbie pool party set
  • Foofy, permed bangs
  • New Kids On The Block
  • Triangle cut peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
  • Pogs and slammers
  • Madonna
  • Roller skate parties
  • Ghostbusters

 
…just to name a few.

3 comments:

  1. I would put Polly Pockets in the 90's group. Pretty sure I built my Polly Pockets collection all through gradeschool. Same with Jellies, gosh I had some really cute jellies. And I'm sorry to say that I don't recall banana yogurt. This does make me crave a banana milk shake though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you've got me thinking...
    Remember:
    slip and slides (especially the alligator one)

    Nerf (balls and shooting mechanisms)

    Nick at Night, Muppet Babies, Carebears, Pound Puppies, My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Had not thought about some of those things for a while. (Probably a good thing. ) ;)

    ReplyDelete